Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Decorative stitching for Mug Bucket pockets

Do you ever wish you knew how to use all those decorative stitches on your sewing machine?  Recently I did a stitch bible for my Bernina, alternating the stitch width and length, and was amazed at the different looks the same stitch gave.  At first I marked the stitch length and the stitch width when I made a change and then decided that was an unnecessary move.  All I really needed to know was what the stitch was capable of looking like. I've been embellishing Mug Bucket pockets, and decorative stitches are definitely a part of  the plan.
If your machine has a memory function and you want to isolate a stitch, such as a heart, to randomly sprinkle on your project, program a lock stitch, memory key, decorative stitch, memory key, lock stitch and finish with the memory key.  This works on my machine but may not yours..
Take a look at this YouTube video for using those decorative stitches:
http://youtu.be/I0esG6TqwsU

No comments:

Post a Comment